White Plains (WP) has lots of Department/individual retail stores, restaurants, exercise stores, bakeries, nurseries, groceries, travel agents, tattoo shops, delis, nail & hair salons/spas but here is a listing of unique shops:
- Thomsoms’s Art & Frame at thomsonsartcenter.com
- ArtsWestchester (Gallery/Shop, Individual Artist Gallery/Sales & Special sales)
- Target has craft/art supplies
- Muse Paintbar (84 Mamaroneck Ave)
- Sam Ash Music Store at samashmusic.com
- D Z Strad Violin Shop at stradny.com
- CVS Photo (452 Mamaroneck Ave): Kodak digital machines & scanners to touch up individual pictures to get prints right in store.
- Bead Everything (175 E Post Rd) (sell beads and everything to make products with beads)
- Westchester Trains & Hobbies at Westchester-trains.com
- GainAGirl Boutique at gainagirl.com: Resale of American Girl Dolls
- Alter Native at Westchester and Galleria (Native American items)
- White Plains Hospital Gift Shop sells hand made knit goods as well as jewelry.
- Franklin Clock Shop: WP Mall, Repairing, restoration and selling of clocks including grandfather and vintage clocks
- Newbury Comics: The Westchester, records, comics and collectibles
- Westchester Psychic Holistic Healing: 204 Martine Ave.
- Sewing Machines at White Plains Mall, Singer Machines
- Colonial Needle at colonialneedle.com (74 Westmoreland) Needles/needle work
- Jasco Fabrics 25 Macy Ave (jascofabrics.com, 914 563-2960) Organic/Natural high end fabrics
- There are a number of places that do alternations of clothing in WP including some Dry Cleaning stores. These include Time Tailor (100 Mamaroneck Ave), Nordstrom’s Alternations; Nu-Way Cleaners and Tailors (110 W Post Rd).
- Chillemi Shoe Repair (WP Mall)
- Pedigree Ski Shop and 44 Board: Besides apparel this shop sells skis; snow boards.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Fishing gear, Billiard equipment; darts.
- Peck’s Skate Shop: Skates and other items for ice and land; sharpening & repairs.
- TILI Shed: used items left by those who wish to donate items (furniture, frames, children’s toys & books, housewares, sports equipment and other odds and ends) to then be available to those who wish to take them. Seasonal April to Oct. at Gedney Way Recycling Center Wed. 2-4pm and Sat 12-2.
Please note that this listing is not an endorsement of each store having only shopped in some. See the many reviews online and visit websites before shopping.