Helpful Resources for White Plains Residents in Need
“Who ya gonna call?” What can a person do when they need help? There are a number of organizations and places that people can reach out to help. Listed here are those available to White Plains (WP) residents.
Information listed here does not guarantee you will get the help you expect or need. The list is incomplete and some listings might have changed. Many organizations have multiple purposes & services not all listed here.
Abbreviations used here: WP-White Plains, WPPL- White Plains Public Library, WPETC– White Plains Education Training Center.
- Aging In Place in WP: aipwhiteplains.org, (914) 319-1609.
- Senior Center WP: 65 Mitchell Pl, M-F 8:30am-4:30pm, (914) 422-1423, for classes, events; wellness support. Daily meals weekdays ($3 with reservations) (914) 422-1423, 11:30am-12, Transportation to Center ($1 with reservations each way with 9 am pickup, 1pm return to homes), Bus to International Farmers Market (Wed with 9am bus; back to Center at 10:30 with reservations), Bus to Supermarkets on Thurs (Stop & Shop or Shoprite) with early bus 9:15 & back to Center, Coupons to market for eligible recipients, Thrifty Boutique Shop (10am-2:30), Medicare Counseling (65 & above to eligible recipients).
- AARP Foundation: Tax prep (WPPL & WP Education Training Center)
- My Second Home Intergenerational Adult Day Program: Dementia care, (914) 422-8100, 106 N Broadway, fsw.org.
- WP Yellow Dot Program: Notification assist for seniors & others to contact named persons for medical emergency.
- Slater Center Drop in Center: (M & Thurs 11am-2pm).
- Senior Benefits Info Center: httsp://www.westchesterlibraries.org, e-mail email@example.com, 914-231-3260, Medicare info.
- Westchester Jewish Community Center: 845 N Broadway, ( 914) 761- 0600, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mental health, trauma, disabilities, youth, home care and geriatric services.
- Administration on Aging: acl.gov. Promotes the well being of older individuals by providing services & programs that helps them live independently in their homes & communities.
- Eldercare Locator: (800) 677-1116 M-F 9am-8pm, email@example.com., eldercare.gov. National free service to help older persons live independently & support caregivers. Resource info.
- Dorot Westchester: Alleviates social isolation & provides concrete services for older adults, aging services, volunteerism inter-generational connections. dorotusa.org/site/PageServer?pagename=westchester_D#.Wd57IEBLXeQ
(914) 573-8906, 171 West 85th Street New York, NY.
- US Social Security Administration Office, 97 Knollwood Rd: http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/914 422-1411
- Westchester County has automated weekly updates sent to those interested in various areas by e-mail concerning programs/events/services. To sign up for senior info go to https://seniorcitizens.westchestergov.com/news-and-events/aging-network-news-sign-up. For other areas see the county website and signup for each area of interest www.westchestergov.com.
- RideConnect, volunteer driver/referral program serving adults age 60+. Volunteering is flexible & every single ride is appreciated, 914 242-7433, www.rideconnectwestchester.com
- CarePrep Westchester: Program to Help People Prepare for the Journey Ahead…Caregiving. Mission of CarePrep-Westchester is to educate future and current caregivers about the myriad aspects of caregiving by offering the resources they need to prepare or continue to provide the best care possible for their loved ones and for themselves. To learn more, click here. CarePrep Westchester website offers free Webinars on Demand. To access, click here.
- Carfit. Helps older drivers find a car for good fit and how to help adjust car for changes as people age. car-fit.org.
- Coachman Family Center: 123 E Post Rd, (914) 949-1000.
- The Career Closet (WPETC) providing clothing for interview & employment
- Hebrew Institute of White Plains Back Door Thrift Shop, 20 Greenridge Ave, (914) 358-5575, hiwp.org/resources/thrift-shop/ Inexpensive used clothing, jewelry & other items. Hrs: Tues, Wed &Thurs (10am-2pm).
- Livable Communities Caregiver Coaching + (L3C): Provides training for volunteers of family caregivers for seniors; disabled. One-on-one support coaches enable caregivers to make more informed decisions to meet challenges/responsibilities. For a Livable Community Caregiver Coach, contact Colette Phipps (914) 813-6441; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care Connections Program, 914-366-1199, email@example.com
Children’s Clothing (0-18):
- Jewish League of Central Westchester (JLCW) Teen Boutique: April 21, 2018 at Westchester County Center (items for 13-19yr olds) (914) 723-6120, https://www.jlcentralwestchester.org, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharing Shelf of Family Services of Westchester: 7-11 S Broadway, (914)-948-8004.
- Back to School Programs: Kid’s Kloset through Westchester Jewish Community Center (JCC), 845 N Broadway, wjcs.com/kids-kloset, (914)-761-0600
Children Programs (0-18):
- Youth Bureau Programs (please check for updates and services still being given: 11 Amherst, (914)- 422-1378, whiteplainsyouthbureau.org, Special Events; trips, camps, health, jobs; mentors, Camp Central for Spring/Winter (at Church St School with fees), Middle School Stem Camp at Church St, Bits N’ Pieces (Church St School), Summer Enrichment program (fees with scholarship offered), Health & Wellness Summer Fitness Boot Camp (free YB), After School Connection at various schools & Slater Center, Youth Employment & Volunteer Opportunities; Enrichment & Personal Growth Activities, Teen Lounges at Battle Hill and Eastview for after school; weekends, Youth Leadership and Court. Teen Lounges at Battle Hill & Eastview for after school; weekends, Youth Leadership and Court programs.
- SAT & College Preparation (for 11-12 grades), letsgetready.org (fees charged)
- WPPL The Edge: at edge.whiteplainslibrary.org, (914) 422-1481, Steam, Coding Camps & Summer Reading Game
- The American Camp Association Camp Scholarships: acacamps.org, they offer a dependent care flexible spending account.
- Child & Dependent Care Tax Credit: Tax credit up to $3000 per child but called at $6000.
- Born Learning: free activities & games to prepare for school.
- Trove at WPPL: trove.whiteplainslibrary.org & The Edge (teens)
- WP Parks & Recreation Dept. Playing fields, playgrounds & pools (914-422-1339).
- Passage to Excellence After School Program: 1 Fisher Ct, for Winbrook; Brookside resident children.
- Delany Center for Educational Enrichment at Pace University: Programs for children after school, Sat and summers (fees charged). 78 North Broadway, (914) 422-4135, thedelanycenter.com; facebook.com/thedelanycenter, e-mail: email@example.com, the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Head Start Family Services of Westchester: 1 Summit Ave, fsw.org/our-programs/early-childhood/head-startearly-head-start.
Children in Crisis:
- National Runaway Safeline: (733) 880-9860, (800) 786-2929 (24/7), 1800runaway.org. Federally designated ational communication system for runaway and homeless youth.
- Junior League of Westchester (JLCW): Diaper Bank, email@example.com, (914) 723-6442
- Andrus Home: 19 Greenridge Ave, (914) 949-7680, andruscc.org/
- Arc of Westchester: arcwestchester.org, 265 Saw Mill Rd (9A)
- Blythedale’s Children’s Hospital:
- Westchester Independent Living Center: wilc.gov, (914)-682-3926, (914)-259-8036 (VP/TTY),
- Hawthorne, NY 10532, (914) 949-9300 or (914) 428-8330.
- Children’s Rehabilitation Center: 317 North Ave, (914) 597-4000 Physical, occupational, and speech and language therapy.
- IDEA: Ages 0-21: sites.ed.gov/idea
- Social Security: SSI and SSD: ssa.gov/benefits/disability/
- Medicaid through Westchester County: 85 Court St, (914)-995-3333 (M-F 8:30-5)
- Rapid Recovery Program: Registry for vulnerable children (i.e. autistic) or adults (dementia) providing information for emergency response. (914) 422 8514, wppublicsafety.com.
- Westchester Jewish Community Center: Mental health, trauma, disabilities, youth, home care and geriatric services, 845 N Broadway, 914-761-0600, wjcs.com.
- Office of Disability Employment Police: (202) 693-7880, (866) 633-7365, TTY (877) 889-5627, dol.gov/odep. Ensuring people with disabilities are integrated in the workforce.
- Veteran’s Employment and Training Service, (866) 487-2365 TTY (877) 889-5627 Provides resources to prepare and assist veterans to obtain meaningful careers and maximize their employment opportunities, dol.gov/vets; veterans.gov.
- Abbott House: Helps children and families in need and people with developmental disabilities, 100 N Broadway, Irvington, (914) 319-1609, abbotthouse.net/.
- Westchester Disabled on the Move, 984 North Broadway, Suite L01, Yonkers, NY, 10701, 914-968-4717, http://www.wdom.org Provide advocates for consumers and work to ensure that public/private programs/services are available to Disabled to encourage independent community living. Help with obtaining/maintaining benefits for Social Security Disability, Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, Medicare, Personal Assistance; other forms of public assistance. Help assist those returning to work with Social Security Work Incentives
- Learning English at White Plains Public Library (WPPL)
- Learning to Use Computers Senior Center/WPPL
- Ruth Taylor Scholarships: Assistance to becoming Social Worker
- White Plains Education Center (WPETC): 303 Quarropas St (M&F 9am-5pm, Tues-Thurs 9am-8pm), 914-422-8200, website: whiteplainsny.gov/index.aspx?nid=636, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southern Westchester BOCES Adult Education: adulted.swboces.org, Center for Adult & Community Services, 450 Mamaroneck Avenue, 2nd Floor Harrison, NY 10528, (914)-592-0849. Programs are available at different locations including Rochambeau Alternative HS, 228 Fisher Ave. (M&W 6-9PM), and El Centro Hispano 346 S Lexington Ave.
- Grace Church Community Center: Samaritan House Homeless Shelter for Women, 33 Church St, (914) 948-3075 (Drop In Center).
- Open Arms Homeless Shelter for Men and Drop In Center on 86 E Post Rd, (914) 948-5044.
- Westchester County Emergency services for Adults and Families: Office of Temporary Housing Assistance, 85 Court St, M-F 8:30-5.
Warming/ Drop In Centers: (914) 995-2099 on weekends & after hrs. Coachman Family Center: homeless shelter for families mostly: westhab.org, (914) 946-3371.
- Lifting Up Westchester: 35 Orchard Ave, 914-949-3098, liftingupwestchester.org. (Homeless services on streets).
- American Red Cross: Offers help during disasters, 914-946-6500, redcross.org/ns/apology/disaster_homepage.html
- Family Services of Westchester: Provides a variety of services for families, veterans, individuals and older adults for health, employment and everyday living needs, 1 Summit Ave., fsw.org/, (914) 948-8004.
- United Way’s Financial Ed Program: Workshops, online resources; coaching on personal finances. uwwp.org/fep.shtml.
- Smart Seniors: NYS Attorney General’s Office alerts/publications to help to seniors on financial matters, scams.; fraud, ag.ny.gov/smartseniors.
- YWCA: 515 North St, (914) wcawhiteplains.com (914) 949-6227. Empowerment and Economic Advancement.
- At Work ask about pre-tax money programs to be used for child and adult care and/ or health care.
- Office of Child Support Enforcement, Administration for Children and Families, (202) 401-9373, e-mail email@example.com and acf.hhs.gov/program/css, Assures financial and medical support to children by locating parents, establishing paternity and enforcing support obligations.
Food Pantry & Help:
- Feeding Westchester: feedingwestchester.org, (914) 923-1100: Senior Grocery Program, Kids Backpack Program, Mobile Pantry: (914)-923-1100, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ecumenical Food Pantry: 2 Fisher Circle, (914)-563-2960, Fri 8-10am.
- Kol Ami Pantry that serves members; guests. (914) 949-4717; info@NYKolAmi.org
- SNAP: Westchester Dept. of Social Services, 85 Court St, (914) 995-3333.
- NY Benefits: mybenefits.ny.gov.
- First S.D.A. Church Food Pantry, 180 Juniper Hill Rd, (914)949-6816 (Sonya Ennis), email@example.com.
- The French Speaking Baptist Church Food Pantry, 237 Ferris Ave, (914) 946-1117, Hrs.- 2nd Sat 12:30-2pm.
- Ridgeway Alliance Church Food Pantry: 465 Ridgeway Ave, 914-949-3714. Hrs are as needed.
- Sterling Community Center Food Pantry for Members: 29 Sterling Ave. (914) 949-1212, M-F 9am-5pm.
- White Plains CAP Food Pantry: 70 Ferris Ave, (914) 428-7030, Hrs. M-Fri 9am-4:30.
- Other Houses of Worship have pantries so check their websites.
- Kosher Food Pantries: https://www.metcouncil.org/kosher-food-network
Food-Soup Kitchens and Meals:
- Meals on Wheels of WP: 311 N St, #307, (914)-946-6878. eligibility required.
- Senior Center: weekly lunch ($3), (914)-422-1423 with reservations.
- Salvation Army White Plains Soup Kitchen: Sun 2-2:30pm, 16 Sterling Ave, (914) 949-2908, newyork.salvationarmy.org/location/white-plains-corps/.
- Lifting Up Westchester Soup Kitchen: M-F daily meals at 33 Church St 10:30am-11:30am; Food to take home on Friday for weekend, (914)-948-9441.
- Union Food for Life Soup Kitchen: 31 Manhattan Ave, (914) 837-1347 Hrs. Tues 6-7:30pm.
- United Way 2-1-1: Orientations & working with Family Ties & Westchester County to becoming Foster Parent.
- White Plains Recycle Yard: Has mulch, fire wood, compost and free items through the TiLi Shed that operates seasonally and has free household items, small furniture, toys, children’s books, sports equipment and much more twice weekly. See White Plains Recycling on website.
- Various Facebook groups have free things to be given to those who join.
- Haitian Resource Center: Slater Center, 2 Fisher Ct, (914)-648-6311. Tues-Thurs 11am-2pm.
- Centro Hispano: 346 S Lexington Ave, (914) 289-0500, elcentrohispano.org.
- White Plains & Greenburgh NAACP: Website wpgbnaacporg.wordpress.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, (914) 682-5998.
- The Loft: 252 Bryant Ave, http://www.loftgaycenter.org., (914) 948-1932.
- Westchester Hispanic Coalition: 46 Walker Ave, (914) 948-8466.
- Urban League-Westchester County: Helps African Americans achieve economic self reliance, parity power & civil rights, 61 Mitchell Pl, (914) 428-6300 http://nul.iamempowered.com/affiliate/urban-league-westchester-county-inc.
- American Cancer Society: 2 Lyon Pl, (914) 397-8858, acscan.org.
- Gilda’s Club: Cancer Support: 80 Maple Ave, gildasclubwestchester.org, (914) 644-8844,
- Westchester County Health Dept.: 145 Huguenot St, New Rochelle, (914)-813-5000.
- Building Dept. of WP: Heat & Water Concerns:(914) 422-2269 (normal business hrs; Police (914) 422-6111 (weekends, nights and holidays)
- Medicaid (for eligible disabled/ low income ) Apply through Westchester County
- Medicare (for eligible seniors 65+) Social Security Office & online.
- Veterans Administration: 300 Hamilton Ave, first floor, Suite C, (914) 682- 6250.
- Vets White Plains Community Clinic & Women’s health clinic: 23 S Broadway, (914) 421-1952 (x4300).
- United Way FamilyWize: card for pharmacy discounts.
- Phelps Hospital: Holistic Pain, Osteoporosis, Childbirth Education & Support Programs. 701 N Broadway, Sleepy Hollow: phelpshospital.org.
- White Plains Hospital: Support for care givers, Community Health & Wellness programs, lectures, health fairs, Support groups like Overeaters Anonymous, wphospital.org. Located at Davis Ave at Maple Ave/ E. Post Rd.
- New York Presbyterian Hospital: 21 Bloomingdale Road, (914) 997-5779, nyp.org/psychiatry, lectures.
- Burke Rehabilitation Hospital: 785 Mamaroneck Ave, burke.org/community Adult Fitness Program: (M-F 6am to 8:30pm) (Weekends: 8am-4pm), charges depend on needs & programs chosen. Info: (914) 597-2805: Support Groups/Resources
- NY Health Complaint/Concerns Call Numbers: Adult Care/ Assisted Living Centers: (866) 893-6772, Ambulatory Surgery Center, Dialysis, Diagnostic Treatment; Primary Care Clinics: (800) 804-5447, Funeral Homes/Directors: (518) 402-0785, Home Care/Hospice: (800) 628-5972, Hospital Patient Care:(800) 804-5447 or health.ny.gov/facilities/hospital, Laboratories: (800) 682-6056, Managed Care Complaints (includes commercial health plans; Medicaid managed care): (800) 206-8125, Nursing Home Hotline: (888) 201-4563, Professional Medical Conduct of Physicians: (800)-663-6114, NYS Office of Medicaid Inspector General; Medicaid Fraud Hotline:(877)-87FRAUD.
- Slater Center: Counseling & Referral Service for individuals & families, M-F 10-4; Senior Drop In Center (M & Thurs 11am-2pm).
- Westchester Jewish Community Center: Mental health, trauma, disabilities, youth, home care & geriatric services, 845 N Broadway 914-761-600, www.wjcs.comYWCA: Health and Wellness Programs, 515 North St St, ywcawhiteplains.com, (914) 949-6227.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: cms.gov.
- Center for Medicaid & Chip Services: Federal Agency responsible for Medicaid and Child Health Insurance Programs (CHIP) serving low income, children, pregnant women, elderly and people with disabilities determined by each state, In WP, must go through Westchester County. (877) 267 2323, TTY (866) 226-1819. Medicaid.gov, insurekidsnow.gov.
- Medicare Service Center: Providing information about Medicare plans in area and helps locate health care providers that participate in Medicare.(800) 633-4227, TTY (877) 486-2048, mymedicare.gov.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: (877) 726-4727, Helps people dealing with mental illness or substance abuse. Connects persons with services through a referral hotline and online treatment center locator. samhsa.gov
- Suicide Prevention (800) 273 8255 TTY (800) 487-4889, samhsa.gov
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline TTY 800 7994889 samhsa.gov
- ZiphyCare combines advanced technology with the human touch to bring quality medical care into your home—anytime. Provide virtual house-calls for non-emergency conditions: General physical exam· Blood pressure/ hypertension screening· Routine cardiac exam, including EKG· Pulmonary (lung) exam, Dermatologic (skin) exam· Ear (otoscopic) and throat exam. Provide this service at no cost, even if you don’t have health insurance. This service is fully funded by ZiphyCare in partnership with Selfhelp Community Services. Don’t need a computer/smartphone. We handle all the technology for your appointment. If you prefer to schedule on a smartphone, try our convenient Ziphy app (for iPhone or Android).For further information please go to ziphycare.com or call 1-833-ZIPHYCR (1-833-947-4927)
Home Renovation, Repairs and Paying mortgages:
- Counseling to Help Homeowners save their home from foreclosure & paying mortgages: Maura Smotrich, Housing Policy Analyst, Tel: (914) 422-6744, email@example.com
- Westchester County Home Renovation Grants: Colette Phipps, LMSW, CDP Director, Program Development Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and Services(914) 813-6441
- White Plains Home Repairs Help: Westchester Residential Opportunities, Inc, 470 Mamaroneck Avenue (main office), White Plains, NY 10605, Phone: (914) 428-4507, Fax: (914) 428-9455
- New York Affiliates of Habitat for Humanity – through volunteer labor, builds and rehabilitates houses for families in need
- US Department of Agriculture Rural Development Office – home improvement loans and grants to low-income homeowners in rural areas
- Attorney General’s Home Improvement Fact Sheet
- New York State Energy Efficiency Programs
- Emergency Home Repair Program for the Elderly (RESTORE)
- Healthy Homes (New York State Department of Health)
- New York City Better Business Bureau
- Upstate New York Better Business Bureau
- Weatherization assistance providers
- Salvation Army: 16 Sterling Ave, (914) 948-2908, newyork.salvationarmy.org.
- Westchester Independent Living Center: wilc.gov, (914) 682-3926, (914) 259-8036 (VP/TTY), e-mail wilc.org.
- YMCA Residence (inexpensive housing): 250 Mamaroneck Ave., whiteplains.ymca-cnw.org. (914) 949-8030 (x207 for Director Devin Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- White Plains Housing Authority (Sec 8; affordable housing): 223 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard, (914) 949-6462, wphany.com.
- Habitat for Humanity of Westchester: habitatwc.org,
- Westchester Habitat ReStore of Mt Vernon, 659 Main St, New Rochelle, (914) 699-2791, email@example.com, furniture & other things.
- Neighborhood Rehabilitation: (914) 422-1399; firstname.lastname@example.org, help with repairs; maintenance.
- Westchester Residential Opportunity: 470 Mamaroneck Ave, Housing counseling & assistance, https:www.wroinc.org, (914) 928-4027.
- My Sister’s Place: https://www.mspny.org, (914) 683-1333, 1 Water St. (for domestic abuse).
- Westchester Coalition for Hungry and Homeless: 48 Mamaroneck Ave, (914) 682-2737, westchestercoalition.org.
- White Plains Building Department: (914) 422-1269, Enforcement Issues of City Ordinances and housing issues.
- Westhab: Westchester County Provider of housing and supportive services for low-income people, 13 Longview Ave, (914) 682-1458, westhab.org/.
- Access to Home for Heroes: Run by Homes & Community Renewal. Provides financial assistance to make dwelling units accessible for low & moderate income Veterans living with a disability. https://hcr.ny.gov/access-home-heroesveterans.
- Emergencies: 911
- United Way 2-1-1: Dial 211 for help (food, utilities, abuse, recycling regulations, becoming foster parents & getting medical assistance, (914)-997-6700.
- NY Connects: nyconnects.ny.gov/home. 800-342-9871
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255, suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Veterans Crisis Center: (800)-273-8255 (press 1).
- Domestic Abuse Hotlines: Westchester County Office for Women 914 995-5972
My Sister’s Place, (800) 298-723. (domestic abuse).
- Child Abuse Reporting Hotline: NY State Central Register and online resource for help with government resources, (800) 342-3720
- Elder Abuse Bureau Hotline: (914) 995-3000 (Westchester District Attorney’s Office)
- Economic Crimes Bureau: (914) 995-3303 (through of Westchester District Attorney’s Office)
- Elder Abuse Helpline (914) 813-6436 (through of Westchester County)
- Protective Services for Adults: (914) 995-2259 (through Westchester County)
- Hebrew Home ElderServe: 24 hour hotline (800) 567-3646
- Pace Women’s Justice Center Helpline: For victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse, (914) 287-0739, law.pace.edu/wjc.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Information Line: (202) 307-0663, (800) 514-0383 (M-W and F 9:30am- 5:30pm, Th 12:30-5:30pm, TTY (800) 514-0383, ada,gov. Answering questions about ADA Standards for Accessible Designs and about ADA requirements.
- US Health & Human Services Fraud Hotline: (800) 447-8477, TTY (800) 277 4950. Office of Inspector General protecting the integrity of Health and Human Services. oig.hhs.gov or stopmedicarefraud.gov.
- HIV.gov: HIV/AIDS works to increase knowledge and access to services for at risk people living with HIV.
- National Health Information Center: (240) 454-8280, e-mail at email@example.com. health.gov/nhic, healthfinder.gov, or healthfinder.gov/espanol.
Legal- Discrimination Help:
- Westchester Legal Aide: 150 Grand St, Suite 1, (914) 682-4112
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley: 90 Maple Avenue, (914) 949-1305, 9AM-5PM, Help line: (877) 574-8529 (M-Thurs 8am-6pm) (Friday 8am-4pm)
- Child Support Hotline (part of Legal Services): (844) 949-1305 1:30-4:30PM Tuesday & Thursday.
- Human Rights Commission: 7-11 S Broadway, Suite 314, acts on discrimination in employment, housing, places of public accommodation.
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley Preventing Evictions: 90 Maple Ave, M-F 9-5. (914) 949-1305.
- Pace Women’s Justice Center Helpline: (914) 287-0739
- YWCA: Racial Justice, 515 North St, ywcawhiteplains.com, (914) 949-6227.
- Office for Civil Rights: (800) 368-1019, TTY (800) 537-7697 e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: hhs.gov/ocr. Discrimination in healthcare & social service programs; privacy of your health information.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: 100 Clearbrook Rd. #181, Elmsford NY, (914) 592-5458100 namiwestchester.org
- WP Alerts: Enroll for mobile or land phone emergencies in area, cityofwhiteplains.com/index.aspx?nid=504
- Life Support Equipment & Medical Emergencies: Con Ed keeping life support equipment working through storms or other emergencies, (800) 752-6633, coned.com, Requires certification by doctor or local board of health call to (718) 222-7593 each yr.
- White Plains Public Safety: wppublicsafety.com, (914) 422-6111.
- Westchester County Bee-line System, Senior and Disabled services: transportation.westchestgov.com/senior-and-disabled-services, (914) 814-7777. Seniors and Disabled can apply for reduced fares. B.E.A.T. for seniors is a program to help seniors use Bee-line System (914) 813-7741 or use website transportation.westchestergov.com/transit-education/senior-b-e-a-t.
- Lighthouse Guild Travel Safety Program: (212) 769-6291 e-mail MoogC@lighthouseguild.org.
- WestFair Rides: For 60+ visually impaired (914)764-3533 westfairrides.org.
- RideConnect Westchester: rideconnectwestchester.org, (914) 242-7433, free volunteer rides to 60+.
- Paratransit of Westchester County: (914) 995-7272 (press 2), use of taxi or van with application filed and processed.
- American Cancer Society-Road to Recovery: 800-227-2345, cancer.org/treatment/supportprogramservices/road-to-recovery, provides ground transportation for cancer related medical appointments at no charge. Must be able to go without assistance or bring a person to help.
- Westchester Jewish Community Services: Project Time Out, (914) 761-0600 (ext. 310) website: wjcs.com, Respite help to caregivers to provide 60+ adults with in home respite & escort services.
- Cancer Support Team: 2900 Westchester Ave, Suite 103, Purchase NY, (914) 777-2777, contact Paulina Arriaga or Gini Ricca.
- Medicaid Transportation: Answering Services LLC (800) 850-5340 medanswering.com for eligible persons.
- White Plains Education Training Center: 303 Quarropas St, (914) 442-8200, e-mail email@example.com, (914) 422-8200, http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/index.aspx?nid=636 for newsletter, info, training & workshops; Career Closet for clothing at Center
- NY Labor Department.: Services to protect workers, assist unemployed & connect job seekers to jobs. 120 Bloomindale Rd, labor.ny.gov/home/. Free Language Assistance at 1-(888) 469-7365.
- Center for Career Freedom:185 Maple Ave., Ste #124, White Plains, NY 10601, (914) 288-9763, free training; employment agency
- Score Westchester: Advisory & small business mentoring for people wanting to start or grow a small business, 120 Bloomingdale Rd at NYS Dept. of Labor, scorewestcheser.com.
- WEBS Career & Educational Counselling Service: 570 Taxter Rd. Elmsford, (914) 674- 3600, westchesterlibraries.org/career-educational-counseling-services/, Help planning career path.
- Westchester Putnam One Stop Career Center: 120 Bloomingdale Rd, 914 995-3910 whiteplainslibrary.org/white-plains-resources/categories/all/
- Women’s Enterprise Development Center, Inc: https://wedcbiz.org/, 914 948-6098, 1133 Westchester Ave. Empowers entrepreneurs to build businesses by providing training, advisory services & access to capital.
- Yes She Can, Inc: Assistance to teen girls & young women with autism spectrum disorders to develop job skills for competitive work and to achieve greater independence, 4 Martine Ave, Store2B yesshecaninc.org.
- Partnership Innovation for Older Adults Program: Mobile outreach; off-site services, including behavioral health, aging services; tele-health interventions for 55+. Contact Tonia Monti at (914) 668—9124 x 22.
- Vaccination | Hudson Valley, NY | WMCHealth Coronavirus Digital Resource Center